- According to Jafari and Ritchie (1981), tourism is an interdisciplinary and integrates a variety of subjects, disciplines and focuses and can be seen from numerous points of views and approaches.
- The tourism as a central study can be studied from many focuses and created into a new form tourism development model.
- However tourism development model can be made in varying forms such as focus on agriculture as Agrotourism, ecology as ecotourism, culture as cultural tourism, religion as religious tourism, etcetera.
- Community based tourism is tourism in which local residents (often rural, poor and economically marginalised) invite tourists to visit their communities with the provision of overnight accommodation.
- The residents earn income as land managers, entrepreneurs, service and produce providers, and employees. At least part of the tourist income is set aside for projects which provide benefits to the community as a whole.
- Community based tourism enables the tourist to discover local habitats and wildlife, and celebrates and respects traditional cultures, rituals and wisdom. The community will be aware of the commercial and social value placed on their natural and cultural heritage through tourism, and this will foster community based conservation of these resources.
See the Slides: https://tourismbali.files.wordpress.com/2016/09/slide__cbt-blimbingsari.pdf
This entry was posted in News
. Bookmark the permalink